Monday, October 6, 2008

Healthcare

time: 12:10pm

place: Kitchen

I was watching this weird documentary in women studies today. It spoke of the facts about health care for women. I was really flabbergasted when I heard some of the realities when it comes to women and the health care. If your an unwed mother, your sixty percent less likely to get paid paternity leave. Also America is one of the only countries that doesn't give paid sick days, beside the allotted days of leave you have with your employer.
In the seventies, President Nixon vetoed a bill for universal health care when both houses wanted to pass it. I say, look at the republicans, look what they have done for this country, absolutely nothing. We could have had universal health care by now and all we have are the same problems since then, If not more. I was a little appalled when I sat and watched this movie; I couldn't believe that this was the case. There's a lot of discrimination when it comes to unwed mothers and their children. Also I was gobsmacked when I heard that it wasn't illegal to discriminate against an unwed mother when it came to hiring. I mean, I'm not too sure if what they're saying is valid but I sure as hell hope not.
If you want to look up more facts and information please try: momsrising.org
factcheck.org

This is some hella crazy shizzzzzz. You can also fact check the candidates on what they're saying in debates with fact check. It's a non sided website just for the facts.

No comments: