Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Green-Wood Cemetery

time: 11:09am

place: kitchen

So I have looked up Green-Wood cemetery on the Internet, and it's kind of baffling. I can't believe that a cemetery has a tour. It's a little weird. Well I read that they have some famous people buried there. Boss Tweed sounds very familiar, all my history teachers are probably kicking themselves. I think that we should go to this cemetery because it would be really cool. Yes, definitely, people need to be weeded out of the classroom before this will be possible. I have never been there before. It sounds interesting, and a bit erie. Erie things excite me, sometimes I feel like maybe I will be possessed by something. Who knows, but, it would be really cool to have that experience. I mean, I haven't been on a field trip in forever. The last time I went on a field trip, I was in middle school, and that was a while ago. I'm really excited to see the architecture that they have because it has been around for decades. The architecture that we have now is definitely not mystifying.

The Battle Hill Monument of Minerva, saluting the Statue of Liberty, seems really cool. I would love to be able to see what that statue symbolizes. The view that it has seen over the years was probably amazing. If you could see what that statue has seen over the years, that would be, truly mystifying. I think it's terrible that they want to build commercially, and block the history that the statue has stood for. I think it would be a real privilege to be able to see it. If we don't end up going, I definitely want to make the time to go myself.

No comments: