Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yesterday's Election

time: 12:22pm

Place: Couch

I awoke to the anticipation of the day. I had to drive to school because I had my women studies class. I grabbed my morning coffee, and made the trip there. In class we discussed about abortion, and the horrific amount of mortality rates that come along with it. Apparently in Europe, the mortality rate is the smallest. They have the best contraceptive knowledge and know how. All together, Europe is just a much better place to live.
Anyway, I drove home to get all excited about voting. I waited for my mother to blow dry her hair. My mother, my brother, Courtney, and I went out to cast our ballots. When we parked in the parking lot the car next to us had a pompous sticker, McCain, country first. I screamed, because I thought it was the scariest thing that I had ever seen. As we were walking into the school, a woman in her car pulled into the parking lot screaming vote for McCain. So, knowing me, I preceded to scream what's wrong with you?? Of course my mother was like "Michael, stop it." My mother doesn't like confrontation. We casted our votes and we were out of there in a lickity split.
Later in the night I sat around with my friends watching the votes come in. At first things seemed a little scary, The red states were coming in faster. It was, I believe, twelve o'clockish, when the news came in that, Barack Obama, was our new president. Yay.
Hope & Change

No comments: