Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just wow!

My birthday is tomorrow... tomorrow. I will be turning twenty-one and its quite scary. Tomorrow I will be able to go into the liquor store and purchase alcohol. That is absolutely crazy, I'm that old now! This birthday is definitely going to be the best, I'm turning twenty-one why wouldn't it be. Hey now, I can't be jinxing myself already!

Well, now it's just all down hill, but at least I will be able to be drunk for it.

I've made so many promises to myself for what I would or should be doing at twenty-one. I can't say that any of them have come true. To be honest, I can't even really remember the specific things that I promised, isn't that sad. I guess, I just never really expected them to come to fruition. Maybe that was the problem, that I never really believed in them that much. I can say that I'm in college and working forward to a career in some type of writing. I would love to be able to write novels, horror-fantasy novels or write a column of some sorts. I mean, I know for sure that I am definitely still quite the novice when it comes to grammar, but who isn't now a days. In high school, grammar was never really important enough for teachers to teach. It was always about the standardized tests, and the regents so that we can make more money for the school district which is nauseating. I've already started a novel having to do with horror fantasy. I don't think there is enough good novels of horror and fantasy except for Steven King ones. I believe there should be a variety of great horror-fantasy-sci-fi novelists. Even teaching a literature class we be enjoyable, a college professor not a school teacher, younger kids are evil.

I just can't believe that I'm going to be twenty-one! Then again there are myriad people that believe twenty-one is still very young. That you still have so much ahead of you, but still twenty-one is still quite the age. I know I won't be saying this when I'm hitting my thirtieth birthday, or maybe I will be?

No comments: