Saturday, September 12, 2009

What a dolt!

I was a little unwise last night. I decided that I wanted to walk from Baldwin Harbor to Bellmore. For anyone that doesn't live around them, it's a great distance between the two. I don't know the actual mileage of the distance but roughly about seven to eight miles. The time that I hit the "Welcome to Merrick" sign, my feet were pulsating, and my thighs were beginning to chaff because I don't believe in underwear. The walk was quite painful. I mean, four o'clock in the morning walking from Baldwin to North Bellmore isn't a mellifluous walk.

The only people that are awake at four in the morning are homeless people sitting on corners and little Spanish people. It was just really weird that I decided that I should walk that far at that hour, I don't know what I was thinking?! It was painful but I guess it was worth it to sleep in my own bed.

No comments: