Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wishing...

Why are we so consumed by the need to achieve?

Is it the simple fact that everyone in your life has always told you so?

I don't know, and it is quite an annoyance, I'm not fond of. I believe, somewhere, we secretly want it for ourselves. To show all the people that we grew up with, hey, we made something of ourselves. Most of us want our dreams to end up being something extremely ostentatious. Yes, we all want to throw something in someones face: ha ha look what I have achieved, and what about you? What is it that you have? All of us have seen these dreams thrown in our faces, ripped to shreds, stepped and stomped all over; and yet, we still find the audacity to keep picking up our dream, to try again. I admonish these people. What strength it must take to shrug something like that off and keep going, but when do we know, when its time to give it up?

Are we too stubborn to know when?

I hope for the people, I can say... I call friends, that you produce your aspirations.

For the acerbic people I know that can't stand to see someone else flourish, I say: "Bah Humbug!"

No comments: